Thursday, September 04, 2008

My Loss is Your Gain!


A couple of months ago I was contracted to design some scrapbooking papers by a woman who claimed to be starting up a new paper scrapbooking line. She sounded legitimate and sent a contract. She said she needed the papers as soon as possible, so I obliged and put aside other work to create the papers quickly. She said she loved them and they were being printed. And then I waited... and waited... and waited for payment. And then I waited some more. After many ignored emails asking for payment, she finally confessed that her "investor" pulled out and she could not pay for the papers. They had been printed though- or so she says. She asked if she could do some sort of payment plan- and I agreed. And guess what-- still NO payment- nada, ziltch, nothing.

So.... since I cannot retract the electronic files that were sent to her, I've decided to give away some of the papers here- to YOU! I hope you enjoy them! and if you ever see these printed anywhere in a scrapbooking store near you, please do not purchase them and feel free to mention to the store owner that you know for a fact that those papers have been printed illegally as the designer had never been paid for the designs.

Here's a link to the papers:
Country Chic Background Papers

This woman did the same thing to my friend and fellow designer Lauren Bavin. She's giving away some of her papers too- you can get hers here on her blog.

17 comments:

A Day in the McIntosh Household said...

Thanks Rene . . . and what a dastardly thing to do.

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, Rene. That is an absolutely horrible thing, and I hope she ends up in deep trouble over it.

Thank you for the lovely papers, though! I'm looking forward to using them.

Webfrau said...

Thanks for the beautiful papers Rene. I hope she gets her "come uppance".

bandwife said...

Thanks for the papers!

It's terrible when someone takes advantage of anothers talent and is not truthful. It is great of you to share with us and to put us on the look out for you.

Pam said...

This is so dreadful Rene! i cannot believe some people. :( Thank you for the beautiful papers, I have downloaded them and will be on the look out for any supplier offering the paper versions for sale.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous papers, Rene, thanks for sharing with us. Sorry she put you through all that! :(

Kathleen said...

So sorry you had a run in with someone so unethical. Thank you for sharing the lovely papers!

jennilynn10 said...

Thanks for the papers Rene. I'm so sorry to hear that you were lied to by such an unethical woman.

loonyhiker said...

Thanks for the papers! I'm sorry you were treated this way and I don't understand how people can live with themselves when they do these kinds of things.

Anonymous said...

cj672005: That is horrible for both you and Lauren! Thank you for the papers, though! I hope the woman gets her payback. What goes around comes around, right?

Karla said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

thank you for the gift they are sweet memories for me

Unknown said...

This is a horrid story... is there anyway that we can help, ...maybe look out for the printed version of these in a scrapbook store?
Thanks for sharing, and keep your chin up as these thieves are (hopefully) few and far between.
;=)
Sue

Anonymous said...

I think it's terrible what she did to you & Lauren! Someday, she'll get hers... But thanks for the papers - they're beautiful!

Anonymous said...

These papers are gorgeous. Their loss. Thank you so much.

Cristina Valluy said...

Sorry for what happened to you and thanks so much for sharing the papers with us...

Anonymous said...

To state the obvious - that's not cool!! Good onyou for turnigng this around & staying positive with your generous giveaway. That shows geat character!