Friday, July 28, 2006

Trend Watch: So have you seen the new Gap TV commercial yet?? I love the Gap ads. When one comes on you just have to stop whatever your doing and watch. They play the best music for one, but they also have the hippest dancers. Their most recent ad features different styles of blue jeans with hip hop dancers. But what I found so interesting is the graphics flashing behind and around the dancers. They look like DOODLES!! Really hip funky doodles. This is exactly the kind of style I'm going to be heading towards in the very near future. Just a week or so ago I was telling my dh that I'm going to start doing some tye-dye papers, tattoo style doodles, daisys, etc. I predict that the next scapping style is going to take a turn to the funk-a-delic. And the Gap ad certainly supports that!! I was so geeked to see it!! What do you think?? Are you ready for some funk in your LO's??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Funkadelic. Well, I don't remember seeing the ad, so I'm not sure what the doodle-style might be like. I do like some of the off-beat designs and really pushed for Lauren's "Brighten My Day" page kit in our Gimme More crop. I was a bit bored with the subdued heritage-style layouts I had been working on lately and needed a KICK. I do love to take my pages out of the box sometimes, so I would guess that I'll probably love whatever you come up with....even thoughg I am probably a traditionalist at heart.

SANDYGB