Tuesday, July 18, 2006


Well now that I've officially become a bonafide Digital Scrapbook Designer, I thought I better jump into this blog thing. It seems like everyone's blogging about their designs so I better start too.

This July I was contracted with digitalscrapbookplace.com as a designer. I was so so thrilled I could hardly believe it. I had been working towards this since April when I created my first page kit - inspired by my Target duvet cover, which I'm also proud of because it only cost $25 including shams!!

I never thought I'd be going "back to work" so soon. My youngest boy is only 18 mos. But this opportunity rolled in and I had to take it. I am so geeked about doing this and - hopefully- earning some money while I'm at it. I hope to use this blog to show my upcoming kits, share ideas, post new trends in scrapbooking, and maybe even share some tips.

I want to thank everyone at digitalscrapbookplace.com for helping me reach my goal of becoming a designer. If you haven't been to their site, go immediately. I believe it's the best all-around digital scrapbook site on the web. The members and team are some of the most fantastic, friendly and incredibly talented people on the planet. And if you need instructions on how to get started in digital scrapbooking, they've got all the classes and tutorials you will ever need.

This is a picture sample of one of my kits for August- Chocolate Cherries. Sometimes things just don't end up the way you think they will. I had started this kit with a little girl theme in mind. Red cherries on yellow, piink cherries on light pink, cute girly things- maybe a silver cherry charm. And then it just took on a life of it's own. I made the brown paper and click- it became chocolate cherries. Then it suddenly turned to more richer, deeper hues. Now I'm thinking this would be great for heritage LO's. You really never know how something might turn out.

3 comments:

Sandra Holmes Stanton said...

Looking forward to this one, Rene! Have I mentioned how happy we are on DET to have you on board????!!!!!

Pat Bowman said...

Oooh, I just found your blog and you have such cool things coming up. Can't wait for them in the shop!

Gemma said...

Rene', I am so thrilled that you are on the design team too!! You bring such hip energy and creativity. Many blessings to you. SJS