Monday, August 04, 2008

Up Up and Away... NOT!

Have you ever gotten one of those "free companion Air Certificate" promotions. What a scam this is. This is the second one I've gotten and it is so annoying! They say that you have to buy one full price airfare to receive the free companion fare. But you have to buy your airfare from this special online portal where the airfares are jacked up to the maximum price. And on top of that they don't even offer the promotion out of Spokane International Airport. So I would have to fly myself and my companion to Seattle first before even taking advantage of the "free" offer. I priced it out - imagining that I would fly to CA first to see family on my own dime and then fly to So. Cal from there using their promotion ticket. Based on their super expensive flights, I would save a whopping $30. That's not equal to any standard airfare price in my opinion. And definitely not worth hassling all those security checkpoints. This promotion came from Wells Fargo too. You would think they wouldn't align them selves with such a deceiving promotion. Arg.

1 comment:

Gail said...

Oh, that sucks. I guess the clue was "one FULL PRICE airfare" - they should have explained more clearly that discounted fares were excluded. Kind of like getting a 50% off coupon from a store, only to read in the fine print that sale items are excluded. Bummer.